Saturday, June 23, 2012

Breakfast, Yard Work & Podcasts... Oh My!!

Today is my first weekend off since I started working again. I have a ton of things to do. First up was breakfast with my friend Tanya. She and I met a few years ago at San Diego Comic Con and really hit it off. Since she lived down in San Diego and worked for NASA I didn't get to see her much but she is moving to Canada to start schooling so I wanted to make sure I got to see her one last time. She also was downsizing for her move and had a bunch of Star Trek stuff that she was getting rid of and asked me if I wanted it (she wanted to give it to a good home).

We meet up for breakfast down in Pasadena (she was working at JPL) and we updated each other on our lives. She then gave me a box and bag full of cool Star Trek stuff. The stuff will fit in nicely with my collection.

After breakfast I came home, watched a bit a TV but really tried to motivate myself to get outside and so some much needed yard work. I did manage to get out there for an hour and pull weeds on the side of my driveway. But it was hot and it's tough pulling weeds with one good hand (my left still sore from the dislocated finger).

I came in and forced myself to start editing my next MASH Podcast. It's due next weekend and I knew that this would be the only time I had to get it done. I struggled on and off all day long to get it done, but by midnight it was finished and ready to be uploaded.

Between editing my podcast I watched TV, cleaned around the house and other little things. I felt like I had so much to do but really only got a little done.. guess there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment