Friday, June 29, 2012

Fellowship! The Musical

First what is Fellowship! It’s a hilarious musical parody of The Fellowship of the Ring, the first volume of J.R.R. Tolkien's classic Lord of the Rings.
 I've wanted to see this musical for over six years.. since the first time I heard about it. And for one reason or another I've missed it. Well this time I was not going to miss it. I planned a group viewing a few months back and have had this marked on my calendar since then. I got to see the final play for this run. It was an 11pm show and the place was packed.

Joining me for this fun adventure was my bestie and fellow LOTR fanatic Josh, Nicki, Aaron, CJ and his friend. As I mentioned I got to the theater at 10:30 and Nicki was already there and we got in line. Right before they let us in CJ and his friend and Aaron arrived and joined us in line. We got decent seats about five rows from the front and in the middle. I was saving a seat for Josh, as he still hadn't arrived. 11pm came and went and still no sign from Josh. I had to give up his saved seat. Of course moments after I gave it up I get a text that he's parking. He came over to us with a sad face and I noticed that there was a seat in our same row at the very end. He asked the two guys who were sitting next to it if it was taken and they were kind enough to actually move down so Josh could sit in the seat next to me. The play started around 11:15.

As for the play.. from the opening song to the final number I was smiling from ear to ear. The music and songs are catchy, the acting incredible, the story fantastic and the interaction priceless. This was the last show and you could tell they were going to have fun with this one. Because they are all great improvers it was hard to tell what was actually suppose to happen or if they were making it up as they went along. You could tell these guys loved doing this play. It was one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time. It was well worth the wait and I can't wait for it's to do another run so I can see it a few more times. I purchased a t-shirt and CD to help support them

Everyone in my group loved the play, afterwards several of us stayed after to talk to the cast and get pictures. The actors were very friendly and appreciative of their fans. They signed autographs and took pictures until ever person go what they wanted. You knew they were tired after doing two shows in a row and it was now past 2am but they stayed and had so much energy.. it was a pretty incredible experience.

As I was driving home I listened to the entire CD twice and sang along. It was a great way to end my evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment