Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Geek Mecca

In two weeks I'll be with 150,000 other geeks celebrating our uniqueness and love for all things geeky. This will be my ninth year attending San Diego Comic Con. I watched it grow from 40,000 to 150,000. When I first started going I could get into all the panels and get all the swag. Now I'm lucky if I can get into any panels as I don't want to wait in line for hours to get in. I also use to get tons of cool swag, but again now you have to be in lines for hours to get anything.

Honestly my reasons for going have changed over the years. I did go early on to see the panels and the stars. But now it's more about hanging out with "online" and real life friends. Last year I cos played for the first time and totally fell in love with it and I'm really looking forward to doing it again this year. Besides my Hobbit outfit, a group of us will be dressing up in our Star Trek outfits and hitting the floor.

Another big event (at least for me) is seeing and hanging with one of my best friends.. Chris. I haven't seen him in a few months and miss him like crazy. I'm really looking forward to spending five days with him and the rest of my Geek Mob geeking out.

2 comments:

  1. This will be my first Comic Con and I already know that I need to decide what are my "can't miss" panels that I'm willing to wait in line for. It's also going to be my first opportunity to meet folks that I've been online friends with for a few years but have never met in person before. That is probably what I'm looking forward to the most.

    ReplyDelete