Saturday, June 9, 2012

Friends, Aliens & Succubus

Busy day today.. my buddy Aaron texted me and wanted to see if I wanted to do lunch and a movie. He wanted to see the new "Alien" movie Prometheus. I not a huge fan of the Alien series but I do enjoy the movie and this one being a "prequel" and the previews looking pretty good I agreed to join him.

He got to my house around 11am and we headed out to Islands to grab some lunch before the movie at 1:30pm. We were seeing it at a local theater in 3D IMAX (or as I like to call it, Faux MAX) since it's not a true IMAX theater. Anyways we had a great lunch and I got to hang out with a good friend. I've been in a funk the past few days and it was great getting to hang with a friend and talk.

After lunch we made our way to the theater, got our tickets and got in line for a few minutes before they let us in to the theater itself.

Prometheus was a very entertaining movie, it was a OMG that was AWESOME kind of movie but I really enjoyed it. I loved all the nods to the original Alien movie (so much so that I now want to go back and watch the original Alien movie). The story was cool and the effect were pretty awesome. I liked the characters and the acting was strong. There were some inconsistency in the storytelling but it didn't detract me from story on a whole. I still enjoyed Snow White and the Huntsman, that I saw last week, more then Prometheus but I'm glad I saw it in the theater and I think it's a nice addition to the Alien series.

After the movie Arron came back to my place for a half hour before heading into LA. I was going to try and work on some podcasts but that didn't happen and early in the day before Aaron got there I started to watch the eight episode of Lost Girl that I had on my DVR. So for the rest of the night I finished off what I have recorded, so I'm currently all caught with Lost Girl and ready for new episodes. I really love these series.. I already did a blog on Lost Girl but now that I've seen all of season one and the beginning of season two this series continue to impress and entertain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment