Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Vasquez, Voting & Vampires

Had a good day today. Got up and was sore from working out last night. But that's the norm for me when I start working out again. First thing I did was try and catch up on some blogging. I fall a few days behind so every couple of days I sit down for an hour and wrack my brain to try and remember the past few days events (tweeter & facebook helps). So I did that for an hour, then I prepared packages for my MASH podcast for winners of our latest trivia (they won a MASH 4077 Podcast Tshirt) so I had to get those ready for post, also I got several donations for KOTG so I have to prepare to send these guys some autographed pictures as a thank you for their donations. So everything is ready for post (which I will go to tomorrow).

Since I was sore and knew I wouldn't be doing any upper body workout I decided to go for a hike at Vasquez Rocks to get in my 30 minutes of cardio. But before that I wanted to stop by my voting place and vote (I've voted in every election since I was 18). That took me a few minutes and then I was on my way to Vasquez. It was a beautiful day, warm but breezy. I didn't really have a plan, I just started walking. I've been to Vasquez so many times now that I know alot of the paths and how to get back to parking from pretty much anywhere in the park. It was a great way to get my cardio in and not be stuck in my garage on an elliptical. Gonna try and do this more often.

After Vasquez I went out to El Pollo Loco to grab some lunch (I'm trying to limit myself to eating out to twice a week). And then I came home. I cleaned up the house (I hate having a dirty house) and blogged a bit more.

Around 5pm I headed out to my buddies Robert's place. Since we finished Firefly/Serenity last week we picked a new TV series to watch. It's a rewatch for me but a first time for Robert. This time we choose Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I have loved this series since it first aired in 97 and I wanted to share this great series with Robert.

So we had some dinner and sat down to watch the first three episodes, Welcome to the Hellmouth, The Harvest and Witch. It's so much fun to rewatch this series. It's especially fun to see these characters so young and so different from where they end up at the end of the series. It's going to take us well over a year to finish all seven seasons but it's going to be an awesome ride.

After that I headed home, surfed around a bit.. and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment