Sunday, September 16, 2012

Comikaze Con - Day 2


 So I woke up around 7:30am and went to check out my ears as the ace bandage that I had wrapped around them moved a bit. And as I suspected the ears didn't look so hot. I figured it was easier for me to remove them then try and save them so I pulled the ears off. I've dressed as a Hobbit for several years but never put on my ears by myself so this morning was going to be a challenge. But honestly I think I put them on faster then anyone else has. I blended the make up and I think they turned out pretty good. I was done and out the door by 8:30.

Once again I got to the convention center and this time got to park under the convention center. Put on my feet, wig and cloak and walked directly into the convention center. No waiting in line this time as I had my wristband already.. woo hoo.

The main floor was going to open in a few minutes so I put the call out for friends who were around. I did manage to find a few when I got inside the showroom floor and over to the Team Unicorn booth. I met up with my buddy Brett who walked around with me for a while. Then my friend Adam showed up and did the same. It's funny because I was being passed off from friend to friend. As soon as another friend would show up, the one with me would go do or see someone else. I always had a posse with me. 

I did my one and only panel at 1pm Geek Girls Create. On the panel were three friends Cricket Lee, Teal Sherer and Bonnie Burton. Along with Kristen Nedopak and Stephanie Thorpe whom I don't know but admire very much. It was a great panel and afterwards I got to talk with Cricket and Bonnie. I really wanted to talk with Kristen and 

Stephanie but they had to head out to other things. I was hoping to catch them later at a signing. Which I totally missed.

After that I continued to walk around having pictures taken and taking pictures of the other cosplayers. I got interviewed by an online TV show, which was a lot of fun.

I ate, watched some Quidditch (yes they played Quidditch in the convention hall). There was a Zombie Apocalypse maze over on the other side but never did that.

I got to hang out with my good friend America, who has to be the nicest person I know. 

One thing that I noticed from the weekend is that people love Hobbits. Saturday I had someone yell from across the hall.. "I have the urge to kidnap you and take you to Isengard". Then another person who I didn't know.. looked at me and said, "Wow, that was the strangest pick up line I've ever heard". I had a guy say from behind me "I'm going to hug you" and then he did. I'm a little guy and this guy was pretty tall and kind of encompassed me. He said how much he loved my costume and he's the biggest LOTR fan. I had another girl run up to me and then stop inches from me and say... "oh can I hug you" and then proceeded to hug me very tightly. When folks would take picture with me they would be so close to me I could feel their heartbeat. I don't know what it is about Hobbits but they are some well loved characters. 

The con ended at 6pm and I was of course hanging with friends at the Team Unicorn booth. Everyone cheered as they dimmed the lights and I made my way out of the convention center and back to my car.

Got home around 8pm, made some dinner and relaxed the rest of the night.

I had a fantastic weekend, got to spend lots of time with friends, got to hang out with friends I haven't seen in a while. Got to bring a bit of joy to LOTR fans. Though it was a bit crazy at the beginning of the con I only have fond memories of the experience. Can't wait until next year.

And I think I might have to retire my Hobbit feet. I noticed that some cracks are starting to appear on them. But I have to say I'm impressed, these feet were made for San Diego Comic Con 2011 and were used for not only SDCC 2011, but SDCC 2012 and Wondercon 2012 and now Comikaze Con 2012. I think I got some great use out of them.

You can see more pictures from my Comikaze Con weekend HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment