Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Visting Family & Friends

Today I was up early and off to visit my family. I try and visit them every two weeks but with crazy gas prices, them living 80+ miles away and my jeep getting horrible gas mileage I have changed it to every 3 weeks.

I left my house at 10:30am and got there around 12:15pm. My sister-in-law, niece and nephew had just left to run an errand. So Dad and I headed out for some lunch. I had planned to go to my favorite Chinese place but as I was driving I remembered that it was Tuesday and the restaurant was closed on Tuesdays.. so we stopped off at El Pollo Loco instead.

Had a nice lunch with Dad then took him to Stater Bros so he could go grocery shopping. Once we got back to his place Lora and the kids were back so I spent some time playing with Kenobi. This was also the first time that Molly didn't scream bloody murder at the sight of me.. so I'm making progress. I mean she still didn't want anything to do with me but it's a start. Brother came home so I got to spend an hour or so hanging with him as well. It was a good family visit.

I left around 4pm to drive a bit north to my buddies Josh's place. I haven't seen Josh in over a month and normally when I visit family I like to visit him as well since he lives out this way. Got to Josh's around 4:45pm, we hung out and talked for a few hours, caught up on each others lives.

We then headed out to dinner at a place we went to a few months ago that both of us really enjoyed, Carino's Italian Restaurant. It was a nice dinner. Once back at his place we watched the first episode of Downton Abbey (yes I intrigued him with all my tweets a few days ago). He was instantly hooked and I knew if I started watching more I wouldn't leave for hours. We moved on to an episode of Spaced, we are almost through season 2. Around 10pm we said goodbyes and I headed home and was in bed by 11:45pm. It was a great day spent with family and friends.

Oh and the big news that broke... well I'll cover that in a separate blog post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment