Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cars, Friends and LOTRO

Today my buddy Will (who stayed the night) and my other buddy Robert who came over early went car shopping with me. But first... we had some lunch at Islands, and then went to seven or eight car dealerships in Valencia. What was cool is that my buddy Will was also looking for a new car so I wouldn't be car shopping alone.

As you know if you've been following my blog, my jeep is on it's last leg and I am in need of a new car. I've been debating on getting a brand new car or one that is a little older (no more then 5 years). I've also been trying to figure out what kind of car I want and I have to say, after several days of friends input... I still don't have a clue. So today I was hoping to go out and just kind of see what was out there.  I have to say I was a bit disappointed in what I saw. None of these places had any kind of selection of used cars and all the new cars were well over my budget. After walking around for a few hours we called it quits. I need to go to a Car Max and see what they can offer. I mean I did like several of the new cars like the Honda CRZ and the Honda Fit, both over my budget but it had me thinking if I could pull it off some how. Luckily for me I wasn't stupid enough to try. So for now I will hope for my jeep can hold out a bit longer but I do plan on having a few car by the end of January... I'll keep you all posted.

Afterwards we came back to my place and Will packed up and left. Robert on the other hand hung around until the evening and just hung out (our favorite thing to do).  Once Robert left, I worked on downloading the Lord of the Rings Online MMO to my computer. I tired to download the program a few days ago but it would take a few weeks as my internet is super slow and the file is 9 gigs. But I had asked Robert if he could download for me (his internet is so much faster) and then bring it to me on a flashdrive, which of course he did. So I was running the set up and after an hour of updated downloads I sat down and started the game. I wasn't sure if the lag was going to be horrible and unplayable. Chris was on with me so we attempted to do a few quests. At first everything seemed fine. There was no lag and I was having a great time playing but then when we got to Bree and there was alot going on (on screen) it happened. Got some major lag and then the game crashed. I shut down everything and started back up and that must have done the trick as the rest of the night I had no issues ( I did stay out of Bree), we even went to Weathertop (which was awesome). It was a perfect end to my Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment