Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hobbities & Hanging with Friends

Today Warner Bros released the first trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.


It runs just over 2 minutes and it's AWESOME!!!! I'm so pumped for this sequel, it's one of three movies that I can't wait to see this year (Star Trek Into Darkness and Man of Steel being the other two). I've must have watched this at least 20 times in a matter of a few hours. :)

Continued with my workout, today I went to Vasquez Rock's again for my cardio workout. Didn't last as long as I did yesterday as it was super hot out still.. but I did manage to hike for a good 30 minutes. Afterwards I came back home and worked with my weights. 3 sets of 10 on the chest fly for my chest (75 lbs),  3 sets of 10 working on my back (75 lbs), 3 sets of 10 on the front leg press (45 lbs), 3 sets of 10 on the bicep curl (45 lbs).

During the evening I had dinner plans with my buddy Will. We were meeting up at Pitfire Grill in North Hollywood. We got there, ordered our food and when we went to sit down we noticed that a friend of ours and my former KOTG co-host Jenni was there. She was waiting for a friend for dinner as well and was early so she joined us for about 20 minutes. We all caught up on each others lives then her friend arrived and we parted ways. Will and I continued to have a nice dinner, got to talk about the latest going on's in our lives. Will also helped me realize something about my life and motivation which I hope will help me in the future. Time to get my butt in gear and get things back on track.

Afterwards we headed back to his place (he lives close by). We planned to watch some Star Trek Deep Space Nine. We watched the pilot episode a few weeks ago at my place and we said we would continue to watch DS9 together so at this rate it's going to take us 20 years. :)

When we got to his place his roommate Jen, another good friend of mine (in fact they meet through me) was home and joined us. We watched season one episode 2 of Deep Space Nine. We planned to watch other episode but Will had a few voice over auditions that he wanted to do before he was too tired so he went upstairs to his studio to do that while I hung out with Jen and chatted. About an hour later Will re-joined us and by this time it was already 11:30pm.

The three of us debated on watching another episode but instead we talked for the next hour and a half. I got to see Jen's room since I have not been over to their place since she moved in. Jen is really into Portal and had several guns.. I have to say that they are pretty epic and would love to own one.

It's now 1am and these guys need to be up at 7am for work and I have at least a 45 minute drive home so we said our goodnights and I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment