Sunday, June 9, 2013

Twitter Friends & Podcasts

Woke up at Robert's and just hung out talking for an hour before hitting the road at around 9am. Today I was hanging out with my twitter friend Scarlet. She and I became friends on Twitter a few years ago, we were both big Guild fans as well as huge Harry Potter fans.

She drove up from Texas to visit family out in Palmdale and asked if I wanted to join her for lunch today. We were meeting at a Pizza place out in Lancaster. I got there just before noon. She and her family were also pulling up.

You would think it would be awkward meeting someone for the first time but I've meet several "twitter" friends and it's like you've known each other forever. It doesn't even cross your mind that this is the first time that you are meeting this person. I also got to meet her husband, older son and niece as well. More of her friends joined us and we were soon a large group. I pretty much talked to Scarlett and her husband the entire time. It was great getting to know them a bit better. Of course I was her only friend who was truly a geek so we geeked out a bit over The Guild and Harry Potter. Lucky for Scarlett her husband is a geek by association :)

It was a lot of fun, I spent about 4 hours there chatting it up. We've made some tentative plans to visit Vasquez Rocks as well as Whimsic Alley this week before they head home. Hopefully schedules will work out.

Afterward I headed home and continued to work on my next Alien Nation podcast. Today is the ninth and it's due to be released on the 10th. So I spent the rest of the evening finishing that up. I think it turned out pretty good. It will be posted tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment