Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Painting & TV Night

Woke up early and immediately went outside and started painting. I continued with my trim, but the problem is, even my tallest ladder doesn't reach the peaks of my roof so this morning I had to get up on to the roof and hang over the side and try and paint the trim, it's not an easy task.

First of all it's hot already, in the high 80's and I'm laying on a black asphalt roof so it's boiling hot. I did take a towel up on the roof with me to help but my knees and elbows were just getting chewed up. I did manage to stay up there for two hours before having to come back down into the cool (AC'd) house. While I was in the house on a break, I had breakfast and then did my 25 minute workout on the elliptical.

While I was up on the roof I realized that I had to paint the chimney and a window out-cove that I totally forgot about. So when I went back up I painted those two items. Because there were windows I had to do a lot of taping off of the windows and that's always time consuming. I lasted an hour on the roof this time. The temps were now in the mid 90's and I felt dizzy, which isn't good since I'm high up on the roof top.  I came back in for an hour of cool down before going back up again and finishing up the chimney.

I debated on going back to the trim but it was so hot outside and it's so difficult to paint while hanging off the side of the house that I decided that six hours of painting was enough for the day.

I had to get ready to head out to my buddy Robert's place for TV night anyway. I took a much needed shower and at 3:30 I headed south.

For TV night we are continuing our Babylon 5 first time viewing. So far we are loving the series. Tonight we continue with Season 1, first episode of the night Ep 11 "Survivors" There is an explosion in one of the fighter bays just days before the president is to visit Babylon 5. A dying man implicates Garibaldi, which is just what the head of presidential security wants to hear, as she blames him for her father's death.

I enjoyed this episode, as I really like Garibaldi, but the women (head of security for the President) was such a bitch and she annoyed me every time she was on screen. I did love her run in's with Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, they were awesome. Even at the end when she apologized to Garibaldi (of course he accepts it) I was wishing for her death. But I guess that's a good thing that I felt so much hatred for this women.. good writing.

Next up was S1 Ep 12 "By Any Means Necessary" An accident in the docking bays starts a series of problems on Babylon 5, when a Narn freighter is destroyed and one of the workers is killed. The dock workers demand better conditions or they'll go on strike. And G'Kar has to get a replacement G'Quan-Eth plant for an important religious ceremony.

Another good episode, I like how this show can be related to real life situations. Unions workers are always going on strike for one thing or another. I like how the Captain found a loophole and everyone wins.. well except the Captain who now has made some powerful enemies, whom I'm sure will see later in the season. The B story was a lot of fun with G'Kar and Londo, there is so much history between these two races and we've only scratched the surface.

Now it's time for S1 Ep 13 "Signs and Portents" A Centauri noble comes to Babylon 5 to transport an important Centauri relic in Londo's possession back to the homeworld. And a mysterious man visits all the alien ambassadors asking them an unusual question.

This episode got the most buzz when I tweeted about it. We got alot of "This is where is all begins" type of tweets. And I can only assume they are talking about this mysterious man and the "Shadow". We did get a glimpse of a ship that cut their the huge raiders ship like it was butter. Also we had Kosh confront this stranger and he tells him to leave, but then we later find out that Kosh was in medical looking to repair his EV suit, which makes us believe that he had a scuffle with the "mysterious guy". Oh and we had the aunt of the Centauri noble man predict the destruction of Babylon 5, she even showed the Captain her vision. So just little clues here and there at something bigger,  so I can't wait to see where this story line goes. 

Next was S1 Ep14 "TKO" Garibaldi is surprised when an old friend comes to Babylon 5 to fight in the mutai — a savage alien fighting arena. Meanwhile Ivanova has trouble dealing with her father's death.

My least favorite of the group that we watched tonight. Didn't really care about the whole martial arts main story.. I did enjoy the B story with Ivanova. We got to see a little more character growth from her. She's a very secretive character so it was nice to see this other side.

And our final episode of the night, S1 Ep 15 "Grail" A man comes to Babylon 5 asking the alien ambassadors for information that can help him with his quest to find the Holy Grail, while a Downbelow gangster gives security problems by mindwiping all who oppose him.

Another okay episode, this one had a lot more meaning then the previous one. This one was all about faith. It was a tad predictable but still enjoyable.

Another five great episodes of Babylon 5. Seems like we crossed a mark in the sand as folks keep telling us we're in for a fun ride now. I've been loving every episode up to now so  I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Before I left Robert's place I had him print out scripts for my new webseries. We will be rehearsing in a few weeks the first 5 episodes and I got to make sure I have enough copies for everyone.. can't wait hear my words come to life.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine saw the ship at the end of "Signs and Portents" when I was showing her the series and immediately said, "Best spaceship design EVER."

    ReplyDelete