Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Planning a Trip

So today while I was crashed on my recliner after moving all day I decided that I was going to start planning my trip to England/Ireland. I messaged all my UK buddies to see where they lived and to see if they had a couch or extra room for me to crash on. I looked up plane tickets, rail tickets & car rentals to get an idea of what I was going to have to spend.

My current plan is to fly into Ireland and visit that country (and my buddy Thomas) for about a week and then either fly or boat it over to the UK and visit England, Wales and Scotland for the next three to four weeks. I think I'm going to go for the month of April as the ticket prices were much cheaper then May. Nothing is really set in stone yet. I'm waiting until the whole house ordeal is over before purchasing my ticket which will then make this more real.

When I announced this on Facebook one of my friends asked how am I able to make this trip, especially since I haven't had work in a long time, which lead to me being broke. And she is right, I haven't worked since March of 2013 and my finances are dismal but with the sale of this house I will have a bit of money so I'm going to use it to go on my trip.

I know it's not the most responsible thing to do but I'm tried of always doing the right thing and being responsible. I've worked hard my entire life and deserve to live out one of my dreams.. and that's going to England/Ireland. When I graduated collage I was going to take a contiki tour of Europe (this is a planned trip where you do so many countries in so many days) as an reward for all the hard work I did in school. But when my internship ended with Fox they offered me a job as a PA on The Dating Game. I was naive at the time and figured that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to get my career going in the entertainment industry so I cancelled my trip and began working on The Dating Game.

Now I don't have any regrets as things happen for a reason but cancelling that trip always bothered me. I always felt like I missed my one opportunity to see Europe.. Now it's 20 years later and I have another opportunity to go and I'm going to take it. Right or wrong I won't make the same mistake twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment