Sunday, December 8, 2013

More House Stuff & Downton Abbey Xmas Trailer

On the house front:

I finally got rid of my spa. The second guy came through as planned and came this morning with two other guys and had it removed within a half hour. He also took my fire pit and patio table and chairs. He noticed my Jeep and asked if it was for sale. I told him that yes it is but someone already offered me money for it and I accepted it. He asked how much and I said I just wanted to get rid of it so I asked for $1000, well the guy said he'd give me $1500 in cash right now to take it. Of course me being the nice guy that I am, declined his offer as I already promised it to the first gentlemen. But it's nice to have a back up plan just in case the 1st guy falls through.

My brother arrived shortly after to pick up a few things and take to his place. But first he took me to Home Depot to pick up a replacement screen door for my master bedroom slider, that was one of the buyers requests. We attempted to try and fix the guest bathroom toilet as it's one of the buyer's request but it was beyond my brother's ability to fix so will have to deal with that at a later date.

We then pulled the trailer around and got ready to load up my Gauntlet II arcade game and home Gym. It was just the two of us and we got the arcade on the trailer with little difficulty but the 1000 pound Gym (okay I don't know if it was actually 1000 pounds but it felt like it.) took some figuring out. It took us a half hour to move it five feet and up onto the back of the trailer... I don't know how we did it.. but we did.

After Michael took off I started to work on cleaning up my garage. I knew it was going to be a big job but I had not idea it was going to be this big. I managed to put in five hours before it was just too cold for me and I had to go inside to thaw.

And on the Geeky front:

They released a new trailer for Downton Abbey's Christmas special 2013. I don't know what it is about this series but I love it and I can't get enough. They didn't show much, but it does look to be like a grand Christmas episode. Let's hope it doesn't end like it did last year. You can watch the trailer below. 


Since I was in for the night I decided to check out Sherlock Season 1, but I'm going to review each episode in the next blog post.. so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment