Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Moving In - Day 5 & IKEA

So I was up super early today and started day five of traveling from storage to my new apartment. I'm tired of moving, I don't know why I thought it would be more leisurely if I moved over a week instead of a day or two. I won't make that mistake again.

But on this fifth day I can actually say that I'm making a dent in my storage rentals. Both of them are looking more and more sparse.. which is good.

I only managed to do two runs today before calling it quits for the day. Some days I can get three in but some days I can only manage two, like today.

After the move I went to IKEA to look for some sort of pantry. My kitchen is extremely small and have very little cabinet space. I barely fit all my kitchen stuff in to them but that left absolutely no place to put food. I walked around IKEA for about an hour and they didn't have quite what I wanted but I think I could combine two different items and make them work. I didn't purchase anything today but I have a good idea of what I want.

Day three of no internet... I'm getting the shakes. No blogging, no podcasting.. nothing. I'm kind of joking about getting the shakes but it's tough not having any TV or internet. I've been watching Frozen over and over again as I have it on in the background while I unpack things. But this no TV/Internet is killing me.

The Erik and Kenny adventure continues to move forward. We text on and off all day long. We also talked once again on the phone for a couple of hours during the evening. It still amazes me how much we are alike. I'm enjoying his company very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment