Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Maleficent, SWTOR and RGQ

My Maleficent contest ended yesterday at midnight and I'm happy to say that it was a good turn out. I wrote down every person name who entered and gave them a number. I then used a random number generator and pressed the button five times to get five random winners. I have "direct" messaged them on Twitter requesting their address so I could pass this information on to the company who is sponsoring this contest. Thanks to all who entered.. I hope I can do more of these in the future.

Played 3 hours of SWTOR (Star Wars The Old Republic) with my buddies Chris and Brett. We hadn't played in a few weeks so I'm glad the three of us were able to find time and get a few hours of game play in. I hope it's not another two weeks before we get to play again. I'm really enjoying my character (Jedi) and I'm not able to wield two sabers... it's pretty awesome.

I posted a Random Geek Question on Twitter and Facebook: What is the one horror movie that you could never watch alone? For me it would be Blair Witch Project... I remember watching that with a few friends and it scared the hell out of me, I don't think I could ever watch that alone. Here are some of the responses I got from friends.

From Facebook:
  • Ryanne Harding - Never seen one I can't watch alone! I loooooooove me some horror movies.
  • Gabe Gebhart - The Ring really got me when it came out in the theater.
  • Eva Chan - Not sure since I'm not a huge fan of horror in general. Probably a lot of them.
  • Maggie O'Neill - I did watch The Exorcist alone- when I was 13- and babysitting on Halloween. It was stormy out and they only had one channel for reception. N-E-V-E-R A-G-A-I-N.
  • Chris Clemente - Blair Witch is up there, I agree. Been lost in the woods as a kid and it's terrifying. I think the first Paranormal Activity is pretty damn freaky, kept me up a little.
  • Bryan Dunn - ALIEN.
  • Kasey Ryan-Pierce - All of them. Just...all of them. o_o

From Twitter:

@yensid98 - To my mind horror movies are best viewed alone to maximize the scares.
@Aradinsc - Glad I am not the only one with that answer. I have never really enjoyed horror movies or anything scary really
@hxcofficemonkey - I haven't come across one that scary yet. :( 
@MarkusHunt - Paranormal Activity 1 or 2 as you're sat in a house just like they are *shudder* @MattJSour - The Exorcist or Rosemary's Baby 
@bonk_of_37 - Candyman and Event Horizon
@MikeHockjr - It's always been Halloween for me. I saw the first movie when I was 8 and it scared the crap out of me
@beckotronic - The Ring.
@Ruvio - any. I'm a huge wuss. You know that! :p 
@amy_geek - For me, it's pretty much all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment