Thursday, June 12, 2014

Muppet Babies, Gummi Bears & X-Men

Today I worked on going through more of the toy bins and trying to figure out where I'm going to put all this stuff. I know I'll be selling about a 1/3 of my collection and I'm cool with that but there are still some things that I'd like to keep and display.

My buddy John came by to visit and check out my new place. We got to talking about animated/cartoons that we love, he's a HUGE Looney Tunes fan. It got me thinking about Muppet Babies and Gummi Bears from the late 80's and X-Men The Animated Series that aired on Fox Kids back in the early 90's.

Those are three of my all time favorite animated series. So I decided to see if they were on DVD. I had checked in the past but haven't looked in a while and sure enough neither Muppet Babies nor X-Men were on DVD. There are some episodes of Muppet Babies on VHS but that's it. It does look like they released Vol 1 (seasons 1-3) of Gummi Bears on DVD back in 2006,. but never released Vol 2 with (seasons 4-6).

So I turned to the internets to see if I could "find" them in other formats and sure enough I found all three entire series in digital form, which I downloaded. X-Men looks and sounds good. The Muppet Babies looks okay but the audio isn't the best and Gummi Bears audio and video are pretty bad. Of course I'd rather have them all on officially released DVD/Blu-ray but until that time comes I'll just enjoy the versions that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment