Monday, June 9, 2014

Star Wars, Gunman and Podcasts

EA announced Star Wars Battlefront 3 and released this "behind the scenes" video today. Now I've never played Battlefront 1 or 2 but I've seen people play them and they look amazing. But what was strange is when I started to watch this video, tears started welling up in my eyes. It made me realize how much Star Wars has effected my life. I mean I knew I loved it and it's what made me the geek I am today but just hearing the main theme song and the narrator talk about their love of Star Wars tugged on the heartstrings. Here's the video that was released.


This afternoon... just a few blocks away ended a high speed chase, the man got out of his car with his rifle/gun and ran down the street. It sounded like a warzone outside as there were helicopters swirling above and sirens in the streets. They informed all of us to stay inside, about a half hour into it the guy barricaded himself into a house and begun a four and a half hour stand off. Luckily for me I have a freeway (170) in between me and the gunman so I wasn't really worried but there are several school in the area and they were on lock down. It was tense for a while but fortunately they shot in some tear gas and the man came out and surrender. Of course it took another four hours to clear the area, they closed down the freeway and it was crazy for a while. I was happy that I didn't have to go anywhere and could hold up in my apartment. But even happier that no one was hurt or killed.

Spent the evening editing the next Alien Nation Podcast. It's due to be released tonight at midnight and of course I wanted until the last second to edit it. I spent about four hours uploading and editing the cast. I got it done just before midnight and went to upload and build the web page for it but ran into some issues.

Podbean, my host sever was having issues. It wasn't allowing me to post a new episodes. I tried for about an half hour before giving up. I figured I can try tomorrow, as long as I can get the podcast posted on the 10th I'll stay on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment