Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Visiting E3

Today I went to E3, this was my first time going to this exhibition. I work in the entertainment industry but have never worked in gaming or with games (though I did work on a game show). My buddy Will had a friend with Disney Interactive who was able to get me a pass this year and it was much appreciated.

If you don't know what E3 is here is a brief description: E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) is an annual trade show for the video game industry presented by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). The event takes place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, CA.

I took the subway to the LA convention center, once there I went to three different badge pick up places as I kept being sent to another one as they kept saying I was "Media" and that I could only get it at a certain place. Finally the third place walked me back to the second place and got me my pass.

I joined my buddy Robert (who attends E3 yearly, since he works in the Gaming industry). We started in the south building and while walking through the lobby there is this huge display for the new game called Destiny. But I was more interested in the posters for a new Gauntlet. I love this game and even have an arcade version of it. I had no idea that they were revamping it and releasing an updated version. So as soon as Robert and I met up we headed to the WB section to check it out.  OMG it's AWESOME!!! It should be out in the fall and available on STEAM. Watch the trailer below and you'll agree at how awesome it's going to be.


After that we walked around the floor and checked out the upcoming stuff from Disney Interactive, Capcom, EA, Bethesda, Sega and a ton more. I'm not a huge gamer so alot of the stuff I wasn't really interested in but it was cool non-the-less. We visited the indie section and the Video Game History Museum before heading out to lunch.

Once lunch was over to went to the West Hall Exhibits where the big 3 were at. We first did Ninendo, Robert played a few games. We then walked over to Sony and then Microsoft. While at Microsoft we demo'd a game called Project Spark. It's not only an awesome game but it's a world builder. So you can build the game environment before you play the game. Check out this cool video


Robert also played the new Alien game before we headed back to the South Exhibit to play the demo of Gauntlet. I wanted to play the Wizard but Robert took that character leaving me with Elf. Though I sucked at Elf it was still alot of fun and I can't wait to get this game and play with friends.

I left around 5:30pm and headed home. E3 runs three days but I think I was able to check out everything and try what I wanted to try in just the one day. It was alot of fun and I enjoyed myself at E3. It would be fun to make this a yearly thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment