Monday, September 15, 2014

Become a Patreon of Mine

I created a Patreon account, to help pay for my podcasting hobby. Between URL fees, Podbean fees, equipment updates and various other podcast related items I have spent over $10,000 the past five years. Luckily I've been very fortunate that "listeners" have helped alot with donations. But since I've been out of work for over a year it's getting harder and harder to justify spending what little money I have on this hobby. But with that said I love doing podcasts and creating other types of online content.

That's when I came across Patreon. It's kind of like Kickstarter/Indiegogo which enables fans to give ongoing support to their favorite creators. Unlike Kickstarter which is a one time donation this is a monthly thing. You can donate any dollar amount and at the end of every month you will automatically donate that amount to help keep me creating new online content/podcasts. So if you enjoy my podcasts, blogs or various other online things I do then please consider becoming a patron of mine. Thank you. Here's the link to my Patreon account. http://www.patreon.com/geekyfanboy

No comments:

Post a Comment