Monday, September 15, 2014

MASH Podcast & Getting My Star Trek Tattoo

Released a new episode of MASH 4077 Podcast, in this episode we cover Season 4, Episode #15 - Mail Call... Again, it's the 87th Episode Overall, Directed by George Tyne, Written by Jim Fritzell & Everett Greenbaum, Production code is G518 and it originally aired on December 9, 1975

Plot Summary: The daily mail brings its usual batch of good news and trauma. Colonel Potter finds out that he is about to become a grandfather and spends the day trying to find out whether or not his daughter-in-law has delivered his grandchild. Radar gets a home movie from his mom in Iowa, which causes Radar to shed a few tears. However, the most emotionally troubling mail is for Frank as his wife reveals that she found out about his affair with Margaret and informs him that she is filing for divorce.

Download from itunes tinyurl.com/MASH4077itunes , listen on Stitcher Radio ow.ly/iZJIz or Listen, get direct download from our main website MASH4077Podcast.com

It's day 36 of my "pic a day" until my 44th birthday. So here I am at age 36. I actually like his look with the goatee and all. I may shave down my current beard for a goatee.

Today I had lunch with my dad and then spent about five hours with my brother's family. I love spending time with them. My niece is getting cuter and cuter. Every time I walk in the house and she sees me she yells "Uncle Kenny" and then will proceed to tell everyone that Uncle Kenny is here. She then comes and runs into my arms for a hug. Love that little lady.

During the evening I went to my friend Moose's house to get my 4th tattoo done. I didn't think I'd be able to get this tattoo done before my next birthday (only a week away) but talking to my buddy Moose he offered to do it for free as a birthday present. I couldn't say no. I got to his place around 6:30pm and chatted with his wife Jojo as Moose was still at work. He got home around 7:30, and then we ate dinner. Thanks Jojo for making a tasty dinner. He then prepped his equipment and was ready at 9pm. So began tattoo #4, Star Trek

We had put some numbing ointment on the area of the tattoo while we ate dinner so it had time to go into effect. He started the tattoo and the numbing solution wasn't really working. I got my tattoo of R2 on my left calf and it was the most painful tattoo that I have gotten to date so I knew this was going to be rough but I had no idea it was going to be this tough.

Some of the skin was numb and the pain wasn't that bad but in other spots I though I was going to pass out. Two hours in and I knew I would have to stop for the night. I was in so much agony. And to tell you the truth I really don't know how I made it another hour but I did.  It took a total of 3 hours to complete this part of my 4th tattoo.

Of course as soon as it's over and I see the final product I think to myself that this was totally worth it... and it truly was. But this was the absolute worse tattoo experience that I have ever had. I don't know if my pain tolerance has lowered or that calf was particularly sensitive, but it was so painful that my leg kept jerking, involuntary. 

This is only the first part of the tattoo, I still have to do the background and make the tubes and clamps look like they are going into my skin. I'll be going back in two weeks once this one is healed to finish it up and I honestly don't know if I'll continue with the others that I had planned.

Getting tattoo is kind of an addiction but the pain is just to much. If I do continue with my tattoos I'm going to have to really pick and choose which one's will be worth the pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment