Saturday, September 20, 2014

Family BBQ & Who: Time Heist

Today was my brother and sister-in-laws annual friends and family BBQ. I arrived a few hours early so I could have some time with my niece and nephew before the crowds arrived. I played with the kiddos and helped family set up things for the party. My mom and aunt Joyce arrived about an hour after me so I got to hang out with them for a bit before the party... it was nice.

Once the party started I prepped the water slid for the kids and sat there watching so everyone would play nice. It was a good party, 'm not really close with any of Mikes friends but they are always very nice and welcoming. I had some tasty food and a good visit with family. I left around 6pm and made my way home.

Once home it was time for the new episode of Doctor Who. This episode is titled Time Heist, here's a brief synopsis; The Doctor turns bank robber when he is given a task he cannot refuse – to steal from the most dangerous bank in the cosmos. With the help of a beautiful shape-shifter Saibra and cyber-augmented gamer Psi, the Doctor and Clara must fight their way past deadly security and come face to face with the fearsome Teller: a creature of terrifying power that can detect guilt…

I loved this episode... it was one of my favorites in a long time. Last weeks was all about story and characters this one was all about the adventure and man was it loads of fun, and it had a very cool story, and yes I figured out some of it beforehand but not all. That didn't take anything way from the episode for me. It's one I can watch over and over and honestly I can't say that about any episodes since Tennett's Doctor.

I also enjoyed the new "companion" characters (Psi and Saibra), I hope we see them again in some future episodes, especially Psi, I really enjoyed his character and it doesn't hurt that he's nice to look at. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment