Saturday, September 27, 2014

Podcast Prep & New Who Review

Spent a few hours prepping for my next MASH 4077 Podcast, we're recording Sunday Oct 5th and I haven't even started gathering all the information. Instead of our usual six episodes we're going to record seven as these are the last seven episodes of season four. Our next session after this will be begin season five of MASH. If you're a MASH fan and are not listening to this fun podcast then you should check it out. Download from itunes tinyurl.com/MASH4077itunes , listen on Stitcher Radio ow.ly/iZJIz or Listen, get direct download from our main website MASH4077Podcast.com

During the evening my friend Jes and I watched the latest Doctor Who titled The Caretaker. It's the sixth episode of the new season.  Which takes us halfway through this season.

The terrifying Skovox Blitzer is ready to destroy all humanity - but worse, and any second now, Danny Pink and the Doctor are going to meet.

After last weeks amazing and fun adventure "Time Heist" this weeks episode had a lot to live up to and though it wasn't a bad episode (there are very few of those in my opinion) It wasn't an episode that I could watch over and over, which is how I judge good Who episodes.

I enjoyed Clara's and Danny's interaction. I liked the beginning when Clara was trying to go on adventures with the Doctor then come home and go on dates with Danny. I thought it was funny that the Doctor mis-took one of Clara's co-workers (the one that resembled Matt Smith's Doctor) as her new boyfriend. And there was a lot character development in this episode.. the only downside for me in this episode was the Doctors anti-solider rants. This new Doctor has disliked war and soldiers so much more then the other previous Doctors. I mean the Doctor has always hated guns but his like of people who were soldiers is really starting to annoy me. I guess the Doctor's disdain for soldiers is clearly shown to be another example of his self-loathing, likely triggered by actually remembering everything that happened in the Time War following the events of the 50th anniversary special. Anyways a good episode but not one that I will watch over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment