Friday, October 10, 2014

Freakshow, Forever, Downton Abbey & Tomorrowland

Watched some TV today and wanted to review some of it.. first up is American Horror Stories: Freakshow. I had not watched any of the previous three seasons but the commercials for this new season intrigued me.

I have to say I enjoyed it, but I don't know if I will continue watching it. I am currently watching alot of TV and when I start my new job next week free time will be even harder to come by. This series might be a just a bit to much for me or at least to watch on a regular bases. I think I'll give it one more episode to really hook me but after that if I'm not hooked I think I'll let it go.

I watched Forever S1 Ep4 "The Art of Murder" Gloria Carlyle, the matriarch of a rich and powerful New York family, was found dead during a celebratory event in the museum that was organized in her honor. Henry was first reluctant to investigate the case as Gloria was pivotal in his life. However, he was determined to complete the investigation after he was being forced off the case by Conrad Carlyle, Gloria's son. Conrad was determined to close the case fast as soon as possible.

Another good episode of Forever. I really enjoyed the story behind this one. Each week these stories are full of heart and this one was no exception. At the end when it's revealed that Gloria wanted to die in front of her long lost loves painting.. it was heart breaking.

So far this series has been consistently good. I'm liking the character developments, I'm liking the relationships and the stories. Yes it's a procedural cop show but with just enough "fantasy" element thrown in. I'm defiantly going to keep watching.

I watched Downton Abbey S5 Ep3 May 1924. The police sergeant reveals that a woman overheard Green talking to another man on the pavement just before the road accident, and had also told his fellow-servants that he had been badly treated at Downton, and had argued with Bates. Violet's butler sees Mary and Gillingham leaving the hotel in Liverpool; he tells Violet, who invents an excuse for them to be staying there together, but later interviews Mary, and makes clear her disapproval; Mary stands up to her. Miss Baxter tells Cora she was forced to steal jewelry from her former employer by an abusive and manipulating male servant, and is allowed to stay at Downton. A group of Russian aristocrats arrives for tea; one of them, Prince Kuragin, turns out to have known the Dowager Countess when she was in Russia, and Isobel teases her by implying a romantic encounter.

So much happens in a 45 minute episode of Downton Abbey... another great episode. We finally find out Baxter's secret and Cora decided to keep her. I loved Violet in this episode, especially when she ran into the Russian Prince (who obviously have a crush on her). Things aren't looking good for Bates with the cops snooping around the Abbey. Poor Edith, I wish she could just take her child back and I think it's going to come to that eventually. And Thomas is such a horrible human being but you can't help but feel bad for him... he's so lonely, but something is up with him as well.

Can't wait to see next weeks and see how the lives of the folks at Downton Abbey play out... I'm sure there will be lots of drama.

And the final thing I want to share is a trailer for a new Disney movie, Tomorrowland. I heard they were making this movie years ago but haven't heard much since until they released this teaser trailer.. and man is it a teaser.. can't wait to see more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment