Wednesday, March 4, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Go, Go, Go!!!

So for the past month (February) I have been working out Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. And I'm still jogging everyday. But starting this month I have decided to add two additional days/classes to my workout routine.

There are four different kind of "classes" taught at NerdStrong Gym. Dexterity (DEX), Strength (STR), Team (TEAM) and Conditioning (CON). Up until this time I've only done the DEX, TEAM and STG classes. The two CON classes are on Wednesday and Saturdays. But as I mentioned I added two days to my schedule so now I'll be attending NerdStrong Gym Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

Today is my very first CON class. It's taught by coach Blair and I heard they were extremely tough.

It was cold, like in the high 40's cold and we had to go outside and do 10 meters sprints. Now 10 meters isn't that bad but when you do it over and over again and again it can get tough. We started with one ten meter sprint, then two, which meant going back and forth, then 3 and so on. I was doing pretty good until about the 12th 10 meter sprint. 13 was very slow but I kept going and then with 14 I made it about half way when they started 15 and I wasn't even done with 14 yet.. so I stopped. I did a total of 99 ten meter sprints. Needless to say I was exhausted and that was just the warm up.

Next we were doing double under jump rope, now unfortunately or is that fortunately there were no ropes short enough for me to do the double under so I just did regular jump rope. We started with 10 seconds, then 20, 30, 40, 50, then back down 40, 30, 20 and 10. We were suppose to go up to 60 seconds but because time restraints we had to cut it short.

If I wasn't tired before I was now dead... but no time to rest we moved onto the main workout for today.. Wall Balls, Lunges, Plate Overhead Hold, Sand Bag Clean and finally Plank. So we had to do 1 minute of each for five rounds for a total of 25 minutes of constant work.

It's crazy because you're already exhausted from all that you have done previously but somehow you manage to find the energy to push yourself even more. I don't know how I did it but I finished. I was a bit light headed, I pushed myself just to my limit. I laid down on the gym floor and make a nice looking sweat angel.

Now that I've done the workout I can honestly say that it defiantly wasn't the hardest that I've done here, I think it's tough because there really are no breaks.. it's go, go, go from beginning to end. This was my first time working with coach Blair but like with all the other coaches he was awesome, caring, supportive and knew just how hard to push you. Tomorrow will be the first time I've done three workouts in a row.. should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment