Thursday, March 5, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Stretches from Hell

Head coach Andrew was teaching this class. We started with some stretching. I don't even know how to explain the crazy positions that we had to get into. It was all hips and legs stretching.. Couch Stretch, Pigeon Stretch, Goalie Stretch & Fire Hydrants. I was involuntary making grunts and groans as my body was being asked to do things that it had never done before but man was it a good stretch.

We also did some side Planks, we held for :20 seconds (which doesn't sounds like alot but man when you're in the middle of the side plank it feels like forever) and then we had :10 seconds rest (which just flew by). We had to do six of these three on each side.

After the warm up we worked on a Skill move. Today we learned how to do Front Squats with a BarBell. This wasn't so much about weight but form. We had to do 8 squats at our lightest weight, then 6 with a bit more weight and so on until we did 2 at our heaviest weight. My max weight was 105, which isn't much but as I said this was more about form and doing it properly.

After our Skill we moved onto the actual workout. It consisted of 15x Dumbbell Thrusters, 12 Renegade Rows & 7 Dumbbell Bicep Curls. We kept doing this three things over and over again for seven minutes. We got a minute rest (woot) then we had to do three minutes of Burpees. I think this was the worst part of the workout as three minutes of Burpees is just horrible. We then got a whole thirty second break before doing two minutes of sit ups.

Another great workout, I know I'll be sore tomorrow. This was my first time doing three days of workout in a row.. it wasn't bad. I'll miss not coming tomorrow but I did sign up for a Saturday class and then I have my fun themed workout on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment