Tuesday, July 7, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Adios Dan

Today's workout was a Barbell Complex in honor of our fallen NerdStronger Dan, who's moving to Florida... he will be missed.

While I waited for the 6am class to finish up coach David came over to me and asked about my back. I told him that I didn't have any issues this past weekend with all the activity. I mean I'm still a bit sore from Sunday's workout but my back has been feeling okay. He asked that I take it easy today. As this workout requires a lot of back work. He said that I should do an extremely light weight and if I feel any twinge I should stop immediately.

I took his advice and after the warm up I grabbed a lighter 35 lbs bar and only added 20 lbs to it. You were to increase your weight as you went but I did not I kept the same weight the entire time.

For the workout it was a 20 minute AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible). We had to do 2 sets of 3x Deadlifts, 3x Hang Cleans, 3x Front Squats, 3x Push Press, 3x Back Squats and then as many Barbell Push Ups as we could do. After doing this twice we took a 2 minute break before doing it all again. I managed to do 4 rounds meaning 8 sets of each of these before the time elapsed. My back felt great, it didn't hurt me once during the workout.

Coach David told me that I should go "lighter" with my weight for the next few weeks just to ensure that I don't aggravate my back further. I of course will take his advice as I don't want my back to go out and me not able to come to NerdStrong for months. So for now everything is moving along.. slow and steady wins the race. Thanks coach David for your advice and assistance today.

No comments:

Post a Comment