Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 3 - San Diego Comic Con

So I slept in a bit since I wasn't going to cosplay today and didn't go to bed until 2am. I got up around 9:30am and was out the door by 10. I headed over to Chris and Hayley's room as they were still getting ready (GOT cosplay). We headed over to con around 10:30ish and did our usual walk around the sales floor. We got stopped for pictures (well I didn't but Chris and Hayley did). My goal was to take as many cosplay pictures as I could. I felt as though I was slacking in that department and that's one of my favorite things to do at con. We walked around for a few hours being joined by several other friends (all in GOT cosplay).

Around lunch time we opted to eat at the con instead of trying to leave and have to wait a few hours like we did yesterday. I left the group several times to roam around the sales floor solo but did end up back with the group when it was time to head out back for the Game of Thrones photos shoot. This is always a huge production as there are a good 60 or so people dressed up. It can take a while to grab shots of the entire group and then they break it down in the houses and smaller groups. Last year I bailed about halfway through the shoot but this year I stayed the entire time. Several of my friends were asked to participate in a 360 shoot so I headed back to the sales floor and roamed.

The one panel I really wanted to do at this con was the WB/DC TV panel that included Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Gotham and Legends of Tomorrow. It was happening in Hall H from 8pm to 11pm. I headed outside the convention center and over to the Hall H line around 5:30pm. My buddy Steve was already in line so I was able to jump in with him (thank you my friend). We were about six or so hundred people back but we were pretty sure we were going to get in. So we waited and waited.. chatted with the folks around us. And then 7:30 came and we waited for the line to move but it didn't. The previous panel was suppose to be done by 7:30 but it ran long and around 7:50 hordes of people started to exit the hall and we could all breath a sigh of relief as the line started to move. Soon we were inside Hall H and grabbed some seats about 2/3's the way back from the main stage but we were close to one of the big screens. I ran out to use the bathroom and grab some pretzels as I was starving and knew I wouldn't be eating for at least three hours.

The panel started around 8:30ish. We expected some executives from Arrow, The Flash, and Gotham to come out and talk about their series. Then the cast of Legends of Tomorrow and finally we were going to watch the pilot of Supergirl. But what we got was pretty epic and well worth the wait!!! We got the entire cast of Arrow, most of the cast of The Flash, the entire cast of Gotham, the entire cast of Legends of Tomorrow and then most of the cast from Supergirl and they did indeed show us the pilot for Supergirl.

It started with Steven Amell coming on stage in his new Green Arrow outfit and then it was one surprise after the other. We got some spoilers for each series, they told us about some upcoming characters for each show. Since con was earlier this year most of the shows just went back into production so they didn't really have any new footage to show us but it was still pretty awesome. It's always a blast to see and hear the actors live. You get to see their relationships, who are the loud ones and and the quiet ones.

About 2/3's through the presentation their was a break and these "circus" people preformed. I can't recall the name of the troupe and don't have a clue why they even preformed but it was a nice break to stretch your legs, go to the restroom or grab something to eat. Since I didn't have to do any of those I sat there perplex but still it was entertaining.

To end the panel we got to see the pilot for Supergirl. I had no idea that the pilot leaked online a few months ago so this was all new to me and I was excited to see it as I'm a huge Superman fan. Overall I enjoyed it. It's defiantly has more of a Flash feel then an Arrow feel. We are told that all these character exist in the same universe which is pretty cool and could mean a cross over one day. And since Superman exists in this Supergirl universe that means he exists in The Flash and Arrow universe as well. I liked all the characters especially the main women who is playing Supergirl, Melissa Benoist. I don't know much about here but she's very cute and personable. I can't wait for the new seasons of all these series.. they are currently some of my favorite shows on TV.

The panel got out around 11:45pm and I headed back to the hotel to find my brother just chilling. We were both hungry so we headed down the the restaurant to grab some dinner but found out that they stop serving food at 10pm but the waitress said that we could still order room service. So back up to the room we went and ordered some very expensive but tasty burgers. Finally got to bed around 2am which meant I wasn't going to do a NerdStrong workout tomorrow morning.. again.

You can check out all my 2015 San Diego Comic Con pictures HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment