Thursday, July 9, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - It Must Continue...

This morning I got together with a few other NerdStrongers to do a morning workout. Just because I was at comic con I still planned to continue with my workouts. This mornings workout was happening at my buddy Derek's hotel, the Bayfront Hilton. It's on the opposite side of the convention center so when I got up at 7:30am I went for a little jog from my hotel to his.. about a mile run. I jogged along the marina where folks were already in line for the Hasbro and Lego booth, where they had to get a ticket to get a chance to get into the line on the sales floor. I also went past the Hall H line where folks have been crashing since the day before.

I joined Derek, Shannon and Armando at the Hilton gym, Derek created our very own NerdStrong work out. This workout consisted of 3 rounds of 12x Hammer curl, 12x Brains 12x Sit Ups, 12x Kettlebell Squats, 12x Dumbbell Shoulder Press and finally a :30 second Plank.

This gym didn't have a lot of open space but we did our best with what we had. It was a great workout and 30 minutes later I was exhausted. It was great having my fellow NerdStrongers to workout with. Each of us helped out each other.. such an amazing community. Thanks coach Derek for the great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment