Sunday, July 5, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Hour Long Workout!!!

Today is my 5 month anniversary with NerdStrong Gym. Five months ago today I took my first class and my life would never be the same.

So it seems appropriate that I would celebrate with one of the craziest and toughest workouts I have done so far at NerdStrong. Today's workout is called Uberintro. It was done in heats because it starts with a row and we only have five rowers at the gym. So a few days ago coach Andrew sent out a message and asked for us to sign up for a time slot. I got the first seat for the first heat at 9:15. Joining me for my heat was Derek, Laurn, Joe and John.

Now here is what we had to do... we started with 1609 meter Row which is a mile row, then 20 rounds.. yes that's 20 rounds of 5x Pull Ups (Rings Rows), 10x Push Ups and 15x Squats.. we then finished with 8 Lap Run around the parking lot equaling 2000 meters which is 1.2 miles.

The rowing was good until you realize that you're only at 500 meters and your exhausted. I really did think it would take forever to finish this row but our entire group did it within 6 minutes. Pull Ups are next and since I can only to 2 I scaled down to the Ring Rows (I think the majority of us scaled down). The first five rounds of Ring Rows, Push Ups and Squats were pretty good. The second five got a bit harder, especially the push ups. The third set of five you are wondering if it will ever end and the last set of five you don't know how you are still doing it but you are. When your down with the 20 rounds your so relieved to be heading outside but then realize that you now have to run around the parking lot eight times. I ran about 90% of the time, there were a few times where I walked the corners but for the most part I almost ran.. well jogged the entire time.

We had an hour to complete this workout and we could scale down when ever we saw fit. I'm happy to say that I didn't scale down at all.. well other then the pulls ups. But by the time I was done I Rowed 1 miles, I did 100 Rings Rows, 200 Push Ups, 300 Squats and Ran 1.2 Miles and I did all this in 1 hour and 4 minutes, just pass the time limit.

I'm extremely happy with my results. I can't believe I worked out for an hour straight with no breaks. I continue to amazing myself with these workouts. The coaches tell us all the time that we can do it and I think we are finally realizing that they are right... we can do it because WE ARE NERDSTRONG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment