Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation - My Review

So after work today my buddy Robert and I went to a PGA screening of Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation.This is the fifth Mission: Impossible movies. Here's a quick synopsis for the latest one, With the IMF now disbanded and Ethan Hunt out in the cold, a new threat -- called the Syndicate -- soon emerges. The Syndicate is a network of highly skilled operatives who are dedicated to establishing a new world order via an escalating series of terrorist attacks. Faced with what may be the most impossible mission yet, Ethan gathers his team and joins forces with Ilsa Faust, a disavowed British agent who may or may not be a member of this deadly rogue nation.

Now I'm not a big fan of this movie series.. I did see the first movie and hated it but watched the second and wasn't impressed to so skipped the third but got a see a free screening of the fourth and really enjoyed it so I was looking forward to this one and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. This latest movie is non-stop action. From the moment it starts to the very last scene it's action, action, action. I enjoyed the story though it felt very much like the last movie, but still good. I enjoyed the acting, Simon Pegg's character was hilarious and I liked the edition of the British agent Ilsa Faust. She could kick some ass and don't need any man to save her.

Would I watch this again.. sure, but I don't need to buy it. The last two films in this series have been fun popcorn movies. You just sit back and enjoy the ride. I give Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation a solid B+ 

No comments:

Post a Comment