Saturday, August 8, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - It's The Little Things

Today's workout was an interesting one.. after a quick warm up we started our next 3 week movement workout which is going to be HandStands.. this makes me extremely happy as I already have my handstands down so I get to improve upon it now. But first we have to start with the basics and start with strengthening our core.

This was fun because we all did this together. We all laid down on the floor on our stomach and tightened out gluts and shoulder area and then turned on to our side and held for 10 seconds, we then rolled onto our back and did a hallow hold. We then rolled to our other side and held that until finally rolling back onto our stomach. We did this a few times and though it's an easy movement it starts to burn after the first few times.

Next we did 3 rounds of 10x Contracting Bridge-Ups, 10x External Dynamic Scapula Push Ups and then 10x Inchworm to Inversion. Again these are all helping us with the handstands and strengthening our core. And like the previous workout they aren't hard to do but man do they start to burn after a while.

But the burning was going to get even worse with the next workout.. TABATA V-Ups. A TABATA is :20 seconds of work and :10 seconds of rest for 8 rounds. Stomach crunches after stomach crunches and by the third set I was in pain.. but that didn't stop me from doing 5 more sets.

Since we had time there was a last workout called the Hert Locker which consisted of 8 minutes of 20x Plyo Lunge, 15x Slamballs and 10x Slamball Push Ups. I couldn't even tell you how many rounds I did, all I know is I was hurting but continued to push forward until time ran out.

Today's workout was a lot of little things that added up a pretty fun workout.. yeah I was in pain but it's a good pain. I can't wait to see what we do for next week Handstand workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment