Tuesday, August 4, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - DEX Testing

Back to NerdStrong I go.. today is a DEX Test and man was it a good one. We started with a mini workout for a warm up. 2 rounds of 10x Banded Pass Thrus, 10x Banded Pull Aparts, 10x Good Mornings and 10x Squats. We then had to do 50x Jump Rope, 40x Mountain Climbers and 30x Lunges. I was winded just by that warm up alone.

For the first test we had to do 2 minute max reps for the following, Push Ups,  Sit Ups, Kettlebell Swings, Squats and Pull Ups/Ring Rows. So I did 33 Push Ups in 2 minutes, up about 12 Push Ups from my last max. I did 40 Sit Ups in 2 minutes which is impressive for me because I'm extremely slow at sit ups. I did 56 Kettlebell Swings in 2 minutes which I was somewhat disappointed in. I was hoping to hit 60. I manged to do 51 Squats in 2 minutes but expected to do better since I'm really good a Squats. For the Pull Ups/Ring Rows I can actually do 2 Pull Ups, but I went for the Ring Rows for 2 minutes and did 35 of them which I was happy with. So overall I was satisfied with my 2 minute test this go round.

We then did 3 rounds of :30 seconds of Box Jumps and then :60 seconds of Box Step Ups with no rest in between, before finishing the workout with TABATA Planking.

It was a rough workout but a good one. We test again in October so hopefully I will improve on those numbers next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment