Wednesday, August 5, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Endurance Testing

Test week continues.. today was our Endurance Test. We started with a good warm up before moving into the testing stage.

We started with a 1 Mile Run, that's 8 laps around the parking lot (which they actually measured and found it that it's not 250 meters round it's 230 meters), but since we did 8 laps we actually did 1.14 miles. Coach Blair wanted us to try and keep our laps pretty steady with less then a 10 second difference. I did pretty good the first four times around but on my fifth I was about 20 seconds off my time and I fell even more behind on my seventh and eighth time. But I run this 1 Mile (actually 1.14 Miles) in 11 minutes 51 seconds. I'm hoping to get it under a 10 minute mile the next time we test in October.

After a short rest we moved on to the Rowing. We were doing a 2000 Meter (1.24 Miles) Row. Since we only have a limited amount of rowers we did these in heats of 500. So we rowed 500 meters and then rested why someone else did their 500 meter row. Like with the running coach Blair asked that we try and keep our times within 10 seconds. My first 500 meter row was 2:15, second was 2:09, third was 2:12 and my final 500 meter row was 2:10 for a total of 8 minutes and 46 seconds. Coach said 8 minute row for 2000 meters is ideal so I'm not that far off.. maybe I'll hit that number in October.

Overall I'm happy with my numbers. I ran the entire 1.14 miles which was great and I'm happy with my pace for rowing.. of course next time we are going to be doing the entire 2000 meter at one time. As you can see from the picture we were all dead tired after this workout but it was good indicator at where we are physically. And we get to do this all over again in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment