Wednesday, September 9, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - My First Pilates Class

After work today I headed back to NerdStrong Gym for their very first Pilates class.  One of the gym members, Corrin, is a Pilates instructor so they added an 8pm Pilates class on Wednesday night. I have never done Pilates but I figured I'd give it a try. Of course our gym doesn't have any of those large Pilates machines so we are doing this "old school". Pilates emphases alignment, breathing, developing a strong core, and improving coordination and balance.

It was a good turn out for the first class and Corrin (now calling her coach Corrin) was fantastic. I really didn't know what to expect. I was told Pilates was all about core work and breathing and they were right. Pilates breathing is very interesting and something I will need to work on.. and after an hour of work my core was not happy with me. For me Pilates felt like an hour long stretch and core workout. A few of the positions were difficult for me to get into but for the most part it wasn't bad and something I look forward to doing again. Thanks to NerdStrong Gym for adding this evening class and thanks to coach Corrin for teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment