Monday, September 7, 2015

Sportsball II

Today is labor day so no work for me and no workout (day off).. so I woke up and spent about three hours actually waking up and getting out of bed.. it was pretty fantastic.

My buddy Derek was hosting a Sportsball day at the park. We did this a few months ago for 4th of July and it was a huge success so we figured we do it again. We had it at the same park we did last year. It was a bit later in the day as it was a hot one so we figured if it was later in the day the cooler it would be.. yeah we were wrong. We also had it later in the day because folks who were doing the special Labor Day workout needed time to recoup before coming out. So we started Sportsball day around 3pm.

We had a great turn, not only a bunch of NerdStrongers but Derek's friends as well. The first game we played was Ultimate Frisbee. I played this for the first time at the last Sportsball and it's a ton of fun. It's lots and lots of running.. it kind of reminded me of when I use to play Qudditch. And the heat did take it's toll on us. We had to rest several times during the games and in between new games.

Next we played some Kickball but that one always seems to bring out the game nazis. For me I go out to play these games for fun. If we miss a rule or something it's no big deal.. I wouldn't even keep score if I had my way but some folks were really into it and like before it took some of the fun away.

We then moved on to Whiffle ball. Again like with kickball 99% of the folks were great and had fun trying to hit this little tiny ball with a giant blue bat (we upgraded to the kids bat as none of us were able to hit with the bat that came with the ball). I actually manged to get a few good hits in.

Overall we were there for about 3 1/2 hours, it did cooled down a bit as the day went on so it was nice temperatures for about half of the day. It was good times with a bunch of nerds trying to be sporty and doing a pretty good job. Though I didn't workout today I got a great cardio workout, especially with the ultimate Frisbee.

Thanks Derek for organizing this.. I think we doubled the attendance... can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment