Wednesday, September 9, 2015

NerdStrong Gym - Retesting the Intro

We started today's workout with a good banded warm up. Banded Pass Throughs, Banded Figure 8's, Banded Good Mornings, Banded Air Squats and then regular Air Squats to feel the deference between banded and not banded.

Before we got to the actual workout we re-did the Intro test. This is the test that you do when you come in for your intro class. Eight months ago on February 3rd at 11:15 after having a nice conversation with coach Andrew explain what I hoped to get out of this gym he texted me with this intro. 250 Meter Row then 3 Times 5x Push Ups, 10x Ring Rows, 15x Squats and finally a 230 Meter Run. I surprised myself and finished at exactly 7 minutes. But a few seconds after I wasn't feeling so hot and immediately went to the bathroom and laid on the cool floor going in and out of conciseness. Needing to throw up but not being able to. I was in there for about 45 minutes. Come to find out I had severely low blood sugar as I'm Hypoglycemic, but that didn't stop me from coming back two days later for my first class and loving it.

So I haven't done a retest of the intro since then, so I was really looking forward to seeing if I could improve upon my 7 minute mark. My goal was to just try and get a few seconds under 7 minutes.. I just wanted to make an improvement. Well as I crossed the finish line I looked up at the clock and it read 4:53. Yeah I knocked just over 2 minutes off my time (2 minutes and 7 seconds to be exact), I couldn't believe it. And the best part was I didn't feel sick at all and recouped in a matter of minutes as we still had the workout to do. I was extremely happy with my results.

Now for the actual workout, it was a 10 minute AMRAP (As Many Round As Possible). 20x Spiderman 15x Kettlebell Swings and a 230 Meter Run. I manged to do three full rounds and just had enough time to come back into the gym and do a few Spidermans for my fourth set before time ran out.

It was a good day.. I just want to thank all the coaches, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have been able to shave off over two minutes from my Intro.

No comments:

Post a Comment