Monday, November 30, 2015

Supergirl Full Season, Rebels S3 & Batman V Superman Clip

Today CBS ordered the back 9 episodes for Supergirl giving it a full season. This is great news as I'm really enjoying Supergirl. It's so different from the other DC's shows Arrow, Gotham and The Flash. There is a lot more humor in Supergirl. I think each episode builds upon the other in regards to story and Supergirls growth. I like that she is flawed and just learning how to control her powers. She's not a great hand to hand fighter but we see episodes where her step sister is trainer her how to fight better. They are having "bad guys of the week" but also laying ground work for an ongoing threat. Not a fan of the Jimmy/Kara/Wyn love triangle but they seems to be pulling back from that for the time being having Jimmy's girlfriend (Lois Lane's sister) come back into the picture. They have only aired a few episode so far but I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take this series.

More good TV news.. Disney XD picked up Star Wars Rebels for a season 3. They are only eight or so episodes into season 2 and it really is a no brainer to renew the series, especially since they work on a season one year in advance. I'm sure we have at least a few more seasons of Rebels to enjoy in the coming years. I was a HUGE Clone Wars fan and was very sad that it was unceremoniously cancelled (causality of Disney purchase), they they quickly announced a new series called Rebels would be released. The first season was good but I was such of fan of Clone Wars and these two series are very different so it took me a while to warm up to the series but the end of season one and the first half of season two (that has aired) has been amazing. I'm really enjoying the stories and the character arcs.. I think it helps that they brought on my favorite character from The Clone Wars (Ahsoka Tano). She's not a regular character but pops in from time to time. Can't wait to see where they take season 2, still have alot of episodes left to air.

The last thing I wanted to share with you guys is a "sneak peek" at the new Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. They scene is tense and extremely difficult to understand out of context of the movie. But with that said I'm still very excited for this movie and I can't wait until next summer for it's release.

No comments:

Post a Comment