Sunday, November 8, 2015

SW TFA TV Spot & Table Read for a Friends Script

Today Disney released it's first TV spot for Star Wars The Force Awakens. I'm not one for spoilers but so far what they have released hasn't really been spoilery and has really got me excited for the movie. This TV spot has new footage but again doesn't spoil anything and I didn't think I could be more excited... but I am... can't wait!!!


Headed back to NerdStrong around noon but not to workout, instead a group of us were doing a table read for a fellow member and friend Adam's script.

He requested assistance a few weeks ago and about 20 or so people volunteered to help him out so with permission from the owners we used NerdStrong for the table read. If you don't know what a table read is, it's when the cast sits around a table and does a dry read of the script. I volunteered to be one of the readers and asked that I have a very small part as I'm not an actor but I am trying to put myself out there more.

When Adam handed me the script he said "well I know you wanted a small part... but...". I flipped though it and noticed that I had quite a bit of dialogue. My heart started to race and I could feel the "fear of public speaking" starting to set in but I told myself that I was among friends and they all knew I wasn't an actor so that thought kind of calmed me down, but I was still nervous.

Once everyone was there and settled Adam went through all the characters and gave us some description of who they are and what they are doing. After Adam explained my character I understood why he gave it to me as I was a perfect fit. I'd say I was the fourth or fifth character with the most lines.

Of course I can't go into detail about the script but it's pretty fantastic. We read through it once and then started to give our feedback. We talked for over an hour and made suggestions on changes or plot points and I think Adam really appreciated everyone's input.

I actually surprised myself with my performance and was happy that I got the larger role. It was a fun experience and I hope we get to do it again real soon. Thanks Adam for including me in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment