Sunday, December 27, 2015

The Martian - My Thoughts

Just a quick note: This should come as no surprise but Star Wars The Force Awakens is the fastest movie it hit one billions dollars... It only took 12 Days. It continue to break records.

I watched my screener of "The Martian" today. This is a movie that I wanted to see when it was in the theaters. Everyone and I mean everyone told me how great it was. I was also told I should read the book first (well I knew that wasn't going to happen). If  you don't know about this movie here's a quick synopsis: When astronauts blast off from the planet Mars, they leave behind Mark Watney, presumed dead after a fierce storm. With only a meager amount of supplies, the stranded visitor must utilize his wits and spirit to find a way to survive on the hostile planet. Meanwhile, back on Earth, members of NASA and a team of international scientists work tirelessly to bring him home, while his crew mates hatch their own plan for a daring rescue mission.

I can see why folks said I should see this on the big screen.. I'm sure the visuals were stunning. I really enjoyed this movie. I kept thinking "how much of this is based in real science". I liked how they went back and forth from Mars to Earth to the Mars crew aboard the space ship. The acting was amazing and there was just the right amount of tension. I never once thought, "that's wouldn't really happen" everything seemed legit. Matt Damon did an amazing job, it takes a great actor to hold the attention of an audience when you're the only person on screen. This kind of reminded me of Gravity but Sandra Bullock was alone on screen much longer then Matt Damon. Not only was Matt's character courageous and brave but so were the other astronauts, there were on that ship for over a year heading home and then they decide to sling shot around the Earth and head back to get him. Talk about sacrificing their lives but the ones with family had to be even a harder decision. This was definitely one of my favorite movies of 2015. I give The Martian a solid A

No comments:

Post a Comment