Monday, December 13, 2010

A Healthier Me - Day 121

So I FAILED at the end of last week. I didn't work out on Thursday or Friday as planned. I can use the excuse of being tired (as I was on Thursday) but there really is no excuse. I just couldn't motivate myself to get up super early to workout or workout when I got home late at night from work.  But that's behind me.. got up early today and got out there.

Since it's Monday I weight myself this morning 205.5

Today's Workout:

1 hour of cardio on the elliptical
5 minutes jump roping

So a result of not working out those two days and eating crappy last week I gained 1.5 lbs. I'm really starting to doubt I'm going to be at or below 200 by the end of the year. I'm kind of disappointed in myself as it was a very doable goal and my lack of self control when it comes to eating is my downfall. I mean I still have a few weeks but unless I change my eating habits dramatically I'm not going to lose 5.5 lbs in two weeks. But this is only a minor set back, I'm not going to let this discourage me. I'll double my efforts on working out daily and really focus on eating better.

I did start with a new cardio workout.. I bought a jump rope this past weekend and gave it a whirl.. man does it get your heart racing but I was only able to do 5 minutes before my ankles were screaming for me to stop. I'm sure I'll build on that time as I continue to do it but it's a nice alternative to the elliptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment