Saturday, December 18, 2010

People's Choice Podcast Award Results

Well they announced the winners of the 2010 People's Choice Podcast Awards today. Knights of the Guild podcast (my podcast) was nominated in the Entertainment category and was the sixth category to be announced. It's funny my internet sucks here at my house and I was in the middle of getting ready to head out for a Xmas party so I had my friend Aaron keep me updated via texting on the winners. They were going through them fairly quick and when he texted me the fifth winner I jumped online to see if I could actually watch my category. I was surprised that my internet actually worked and the streaming feed actually held up and I was able to watch that category and see that the winner was The Fringe Podcast.

Yeah we lost, which is a bummer but as they say (and it's true) it was an honor to be nominated. Out of the thousands of podcasts submitted for Best Entertainment we were selected as one of the top 10. I knew our chances were slim but you still hope.. Guildies are the best and it's a fairly large community but in the end Fringe got more votes.

But on a positive note our podcast will always be known as "The People's Choice "Best Entertainment" Nominated Knights of the Guild Podcast" ... see there is that silver lining :)

No comments:

Post a Comment