Wednesday, May 16, 2012

U Snooze U Lose

As you know I'm a podcaster. I currently have five podcasts running and I'm working on a few others. One that I have been talking about since Oct. 2010 is called Epic Geek Out. It was suppose to be a 30 minute round table debate with a group of four or five guests. Well it never came to be. The logistics  and trying to get everyone together was just too difficult so I pushed it to the back burner.

Last year I interviewed my friend Charles from North Carolina for my Confessions of a Fanboy Podcast and we hit it off. We talked about doing a podcast together called Geek Wars, were we would debate geeky topics like Star Wars Vs. Star Trek. It would be a round table kind of debate with several different guests each podcast.

We since I already had a URL, gmail account, twitter and podbean account for Epic Geek Out I figured we'd just change the name to that to make it easier.

When I tried to get the URL for Epic Geek Out back in Oct 2010 it was taken so I go EGO.com instead. When I checked out EpicGeekOut.com it was a unused url. Well I just check it again today and it looks like they started posting stuff on there in June 2011. It's a video review show. Luckily it's not a podcast so it's still available on itunes. 

But I don't want people to think that, that website is associated with our podcast so it's looking like I'm going to have to change the name again.

When I was looking up "Geek" titles on itunes I saw a show called Geek Fight and when I read the description it sounded very familiar to what we wanted to do. So now I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next.. scrap the idea or do it anyways and hope there is an audience out there for it.

I know I really want to do a general geek podcast, just need to find the "hook" that makes it different from the hundreds of other geeky podcasts.

1 comment:

  1. We'll figure it out for sure. Just gotta brainstorm and figure out a good niche :)

    ReplyDelete