Saturday, June 2, 2012

Games, Lembas Bread & Friends

This weekend plans were so last minute. I considered opening this weekend up to all my friends and having a mini marathon/party but decided against that and thought it might be nice to just have the three/four guests and have a "chill" weekend. I made no plans, well other then food (what we were going to eat). So Jes and I got up early around 8ish and went to Denny's for breakfast. We then stopped by Vons to pick up some supplies for the Lembas Bread that we were making later in the day. While we were out my buddy Robert texted me that he was on his way up.

Jes and I got home and started to play Yatezee on my ipad when Robert arrived around 11am. He joined in for a few games until we switched over to Cards Against Humanity. If you don't know about CAH, it started off as a Kickstarter program and was fully funded and is not a huge hit card game.

Cards Against Humanity is a party game for horrible people. Here's a description from it's website (BTW this game is completely sold out already). Unlike most of the party games you've played before, Cards Against Humanity is as despicable and awkward as you and your friends. The game is simple. Each round, one player asks a question from a Black Card, and everyone else answers with their funniest White Card.

And man most the white cards are just horrible, which makes this game one of the best games I've played in a long time. Jes, Robert and I played for a few hours before Rupert joined us and we moved to the dining table. We then continued to play through the entire deck of cards, stopping only once to have lunch. We played for hours and it was some of the funnest moments the four of us have ever had.

Around 4pm we finally finished the entire deck and it was time to make Lembas Bread. Jes had made this for my Lord of the Rings marathon last year and it was a hit. So when she said she was coming over for the weekend and that we should make some I was all for it.

Robert and Rupert sat in the kitchen and watched as Jes and I prepared the bread. It was a lot of fun baking with Jes. We had the bread dough finished within a few minutes and then I watched Jes cut out the first batch and I did the second. Ten minutes later the bread was cooked and ready to be consumed. I had Mallorn Leaf that Jes had created for the previous bread so we wrapped a few up for friends.

After we cooked, the three of them Rupert, Robert and Jes (who slept & was on her phone) went into the TV room to watch the Kings game, while I went into my office to catch up on my blogging. Occasionally Robert or Jes would come in my office to hang during commercials. I didn't have to watch the game to know how the team was doing.

I also started dinner, we were having Lasagna and garlic bread. By the time dinner was done my fourth guest was done shooting and on her way over to my place. Kimi arrived just as we were finishing dinner and about to play Clue.

We ended the night with a few games a Clue before calling it a night around 11ish. That's fairly early for this group but the ladies had to be up at 5am for a shoot on Sunday.

So it was a fun, relaxing day hanging with friends.. couldn't ask for a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment