Saturday, September 29, 2012

Secret Projects, Workouts, Xanadu & Family

Woke up this morning and the first thing I did was apply for unemployment. I don't know if I have any left after my nine month stint with it last time but it never hurts to see if I can get any more assistance. I don't know how long I'll be out of work this time around. I have funds to help keep me afloat for the next two months. But there is gonna be a lot of belt tightening.

After that I was in the mood to work out. I haven't worked out in months and months but for some reason I felt like getting out there. I only did 20 minutes on the elliptical before the heat got to me and had to stop. It's a start.. not a great one but a start. I hope to continue to work out and finally get in shape.

Was visiting the family today. Haven't seen them in about three weeks which is far to long to be away. On my drive I started talking to my bestie Chris about our "secret project" and missed my exit, then again a half hour later I almost missed another exit. So instead of taking the 210 east I jumped on the 5 south and then the 60 north east before finally getting back on track to the 71, then 91. That little mistake added an additional hour to my commute and instead of a 2 hour drive it turned into a 3 hour drive. It all wasn't bad as I did get to talk to Chris the entire time and work on a project that he and I are so excited about.

Finally got to see the family and they were having a BBQ with friends. Soon as I walked in my niece got one look at me she started to scream bloody murder (she hates me). Kenobi was being shy for some reason so I didn't get to spend any time with him either. My brother showed me his finished Star Wars Toy room.. it was pretty EPIC.. I had some BBQ hamburgers and then took my dad out shopping. We went to Target because I was looking for the new Ultra Edition of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows parts 1 & 2 Blurays. They were an exclusive at Target. While there I got some socks, the HP blurays, along with Avengers bluray and a cool E.T. shirt. Unknown to me my Dad was paying for all this as he said it was for my birthday...yay!!

Got back to Mike's place and the party was in full swing. I hung out for another hour before saying goodbye as I had to meet my buddy Christopher in LA to see a play. I left at 5:15 with plans to meet Christopher for dinner before the play. Unfortunately traffic was horrendous so I had to cancel dinner and was hoping I would make it to the theater in time. I did get there by 7ish, found an El Pollo Loco and grabbed a quick bite before meeting up with my buddy at 7:30pm.

We were going to see the stage play Xanadu. I love the movie and both Christopher and I saw a version of the play 10 years ago. Chris had gotten preferred seating which was fantastic. For the next two hours we laughed, cheered and sung along to one of my favorite musicals as a kid. It was a great night.

Play was over we said our goodbyes and I headed home. It was a full day of crazy fun. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment