Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Podcasts, Taxes, Dinner and Snow

Today I had to go in and sign my tax forms, but my tax place didn't open until 10am. So I let work know that I was going to be coming in a bit later then usual. Lucky for me my tax place is in Burbank which isn't far from my job. So I had some time to kill as I got up at my regular time of 6:30am. I struggled to get out of bed and go do my cardio, but I did. Afterwards I had a few hours to kill so I started editing my next MASH 4077 Podcast. I actually got pretty far along before I had to head out to my tax guy.

Got to my tax place at 10, went in and singed the papers, paid for their service and headed into work. I got into work around 10:30am which is about an hour later then I usual get in. Work was crazy as expected but as I mentioned in a recent blog, I'm just going with the flow. I did have one funny thing happen to me while I was at lunch. I walk to local places for lunch and today I went to Carl's Jr. Went I exited the building I notice that the ground was wet, it had rained. I did not bring my umbrella to work today as it wasn't rainy near me. I took my chance and walked about 15 minutes to Carls. I made it there nice a dry. I ordered my food, sat down and started eating when I noticed that folks were coming in with umbrellas and they looked wet. Sure enough it was raining and hard. I was almost done with food and didn't have clue how I was going to get back to work unsoaked. I waited an extra twenty minutes and when it looked like it had died down I made a run for work.. well I didn't actually run. I did walk a bit faster and it did start to rain a bit but I made it back to my office fairly dry.

After work I had dinner with my long long friend, Craig. We haven't seen each other for over five years. We've talked here and there but this was the first time we've seen each other in a long time. It was great seeing him and catching up on his life. He has some health issues and recently had a double stroke four days apart. Luckily he had recovered and doing well. We plan to hang out more often. He has rats as pets, and I used to have rats as pets and love them. He introduced me to two new little girls that he got and I am now considering getting some rats to keep me company.

It has been raining on and off all day at work so when I got home I expect there to be snow and sure enough.. there was. It wasn't alot as it just got cold enough for the rain to turn to snow. I expect that I'll wake up to a snowy winter land. The downside is that Fedex left a package on my doorstep. This package was covered in snow and ice when I got home and was soaked through and through. It was my new iPhone 5 and luckily for me the iPhone is sealed in plastic so only the paperwork was wet. I can't wait to get my phone charged and operational.

No comments:

Post a Comment