Sunday, December 1, 2013

All Good Things Must Come To An End!!


Saying goodbye to folks as they left the final movie marathon made me think about all the awesome times we've had here.

These movie marathons started because I wanted to hang out with Chris more and since he lived three hours north of me and was coming down for the weekend I figured I'd throw a movie marathon party and invite all my new friends that I had met on set of season five of The Guild and it just kind of snowballed from there. I've had marathons with just 10 people all the way up to 30 people. We've had a ton of great times and a few not so great times.


The Geek Mob was born out of these movie marathons. Friendships that will last a lifetime. I have 1000's of pictures and awesome memories from these marathons. This was a once in a lifetime kind of thing. We were all in the right place in our lives at the right time that everything just clicked. We will never see the likes of these marathons ever again. 

List of Movie Marathons:

Indiana Jones marathon in July of 2011
Star Wars marathon / My 41st birthday party in September of 2011
Lord of the Rings marathon / Thanksgiving in November of 2011
Christmas movie marathon / party in December of 2011 
Back to the Future marathon in January of 2012
80's Scifi/Fantasy Costume movie marathon in February of 2012
Jurassic Park marathon in March of 2012
80's Teen Movie marathon in May of 2012
Christmas movie marathon / party in December 2012
Superman marathon in February of 2013
Harry Potter marathon / Thanksgiving in November of 2013

A few of these movie marathons were integrated with birthday parties, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We use pretty much any excuse to have a marathon. When Chris left in April of 2012 that kind of took the wind out of my sails for throwing these parties for a time but that wasn't the only reason, I hit some rough spots in life and these marathons had to take a back seat. I am happy that we were able to have a few more of them before the final one this past weekend. I think these marathons will continue in some form at my new place but they will never be as great as they were in their heyday.

I want to thank Chris, Robert, Will, Josh, Jes, Jen, Kim, Anne, Nicki, Luis, Dallas, Rupert, Olivia, Aaron, Brett, Doug R, Kevin R, Doug L, Thomas, America, Michele B, Anthony, Red 5, Greg, Gabe, Michele T, Jennifer C, Jennifer L, Matt L, Andrew, Adam, Scott, Jared, Patrick, Cait, Tamar, Becca, Barbara, Brian, Nicole, Michele C, Ashphord, Leslie, Leo, Ron, Shenah, Troy, Harry, Michael S, Theresa and Justin for making these movie marathons EPIC!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment