Thursday, December 19, 2013

Finding an Apartment!!

Woke up, took a shower, was in an earthquake (well a small one), left for the escrow place to pick up my escrow check. My escrow place is out in Van Nuys so after getting the check I headed to North Hollywood and had breakfast. I then started to drive around and look for vacant apartments. It was pouring down rain and after an hour and a half and finding nothing I was about to head home when I came across a sign for a 2 bedroom on a decent street in my friends neighborhood. So I gave the number a call and talked to a very sweet old lady. She said that the maintenance guy could be by to show me the place in ten minutes.

He arrived to show me the place. It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, both bedrooms were really big. It had a fireplace, dishwasher and a parking space. The building was over 30 years old but didn't look too bad on the outside. There were only four units in the complex. The apartment was perfect.. only two things that concerned me.. the price at $1500 which is the top of my limit and it was on a semi main street so the traffic sound was pretty loud. But once inside the apartment the traffic sound wasn't so bad and getting such a big place for $1500 eased my mind on that so I called the old lady back and asked to fill out an application.

I headed to her place to fill out the app. She was a very sweet 88 year old Italian lady. You could tell she was lonely and she talked to me for an hour before we even got to the application process. She loved me (of course) but still wanted to check my credit so she said she would call me tomorrow and let me know if I got the place. Once I filled out the application she gave me a large bottle of brandy and some Italian bread (for Christmas) and sent me on my way.

I got to my brother's, where I will be staying while I look for a place and there were two screeners waiting for me. The first one I was super excited to see that I got but also expect it as well. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and the second movie is called Her and I've heard so many great things about this one and can't wait to watch it.

Spent the rest of the night helping my brother wrap "Santa" presents for the kids. It was fun as I don't see myself doing this in the near future for my own kids..

Let's hope I get the apartment tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment