Friday, December 27, 2013

Old Friends & A Trampolines

Today I got to have lunch with one of my "oldest" friends Michelle. We meet when I was 18 and became roommates and great friends. We worked together at Mervyn's and had some great times together. I then moved to LA to pursue my career and she got married and started a family and our lives took different direction and we lost touch for a bit. Then Facebook came around and we reconnected and would chat from time to time but we lived about 80 miles from each other so we didn't see each other much. The last time I saw her was at a party of a friend of ours and I got to meet her daughter when she was 1 years old. Well this daughter is now 14 years old so it's been over 13 years since we've actually seen each other.

But now that I'm staying with my brother I'm only a few miles away from her so we made plans to have a lunch date and catch up. I was super excited this lunch. We planned to meet at noon at a local BJ's Restaurant. I got there at noon and Michelle was waiting for me. We sat down and spent the next three hours catching up on each other lives. I mean we read each others Facebook pages so we know the going on's in each others life but of course not the details. It was great lunch and I hope we can hang out more often as I do miss seeing her on a regular bases.

Got home from the lunch and started to work on the trampoline that my brother and sister-in-law got for my niece and nephew. I knew it would take some time and I wasn't sure if I'd get it done by sun down and in fact I did not. With the help of my Dad, Lora, Kenobi and Molly I got all of the trampoline built but wasn't able to attach the safely net. Will have to take care of that tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment