Friday, December 27, 2013

Truly Amazing!!

I didn't ever think I would be writing a blog about this topic.. but it's important and I wanted to share with you all. First of all I'm not a religious person, I wouldn't say I'm an atheist, I've identify myself as agnostic. And in the past I haven't paid to much attention to the Pope but this newest Pope, Pope Francis had made so many headlines this past year and instead of negative or hateful comments he's been nothing but accepting, loving and caring. When I read this article it brought me to tears. I could only imagine being a Catholic and finally having a leader who actually preaches what Jesus was all about... Love.

Of course one of the big issues for me is the Catholic's view of homosexuality, in the past it's been condemned and looked down upon but this Pope has made an attempt to accept all as long as they have a love for God in their heart. It's a big step forward.

I do hope that this is the start of something big in the religious world. Will always have haters (it's human nature) but the Pope is taking the first step forward and for once in my life I have respect and feel honored to have this man in this position... Thank you Pope Francis.

Here's the article http://distractify.com/people/reasons-why-pope-francis-is-the-person-of-the-year/

And here's the his highlights from the past year.

1. He spoke out against frivolous spending by the Church

2. He invited a boy with Down's Syndrome for a ride in the Popemobile

3. He embraced and kissed Vinicio Riva

4. He denounced the judgment of homosexuals

5. He held a major ceremony at the chapel of a youth prison

6. He urged the protection of the Amazon Rainforest

7. He personally called and consoled a victim of rape

8. He snuck out of the Vatican to feed the homeless

9. He auctioned his motorcycle to benefit the homeless

10. He acknowledged that atheists can be good people

11. He condemned the global financial system

12. He fought child abuse

13. He condemned the violence of the Syrian civil war

14. He redirected employee bonuses to charity

15. He spoke out against the Church’s ‘obsession’ with abortion, gay marriage and contraception

16. He called for cooperation between Christians and Muslims

17. He took part in a selfie

18. He invited homeless men to his birthday meal

19. He refused to send away a child who had run on stage to hug him

No comments:

Post a Comment