Sunday, December 22, 2013

Refunds, Star Wars & InJustice

Was up early and out the door. I had to meet my former (well at least six hours) landlady to terminate my contact and get my deposit back. She asked that I be at her place by 9am. Since I'm staying in Riverside I was out the door by 7:30am to get there in time.

Everything went as planned, she was disappointed that I wasn't going to be her new tenant. She told me stories of her grandkids and stories I had heard the previous two times I was there. She gave me a check for all my deposits and as I was leaving she gave me some more Italian bread and a bottle sweet wine. I was at her place for about an hour.

Afterwards I went to Denny's to grab some breakfast before heading to the bank to deposit the check. I was in North Hollywood area so I decided to look around for any vacancies. I didn't find anything. I was close to my friend Jen's place and my buddy Chris sent her about 20 gifts to do a "white elephant" gift exchange a few weeks back but I unfortunately wasn't able to join in so she still had my gift so I stopped by and pick it up. All the gifts were numbered and I chose my favorite number.. which is number 5. I got something that I have been wanting for a while.. it's a sun shade for my car and it's Star Wars themed.. how awesome is that.

I spent the hour and a half or so catching up with Jen, she and I don't get a lot of one on one time so it was nice just getting to hang with her for a bit.

I left her place and did a bit more apartment hunting but again came up empty handed.. I'm going to have to search online when I get home and see if I can find anything there.

I then headed over the hill to my buddy Robert's place to hang with him for a bit. We played one of my favorite games InJustice for a few hours, we took a break and walked to Fat Burger for lunch and then played InJustice for another hour before I headed back home.

On my way home I picked up some Chinese food for my dad and I from my favorite place in Corona Hong Kong. Came back to my brothers place, ate dinner and continued to catch up on my blog.

I am now officially caught up.. yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment